International Vocal Competition 2024
The American Protégé International Vocal Competition is designed for singers who would like to challenge themselves in a very competitive environment. The Competition is open to solo vocalists and vocal groups of all ages, nationalities and countries.
Participants are required to submit video recording materials for the audition.
A panel of qualified judges will evaluate audition materials. All judges are independent, their students are not allowed to apply this season.
We invite school students and adults to participate in the Competition. There is no age limit for the adult participants.
Multiple winners will be chosen in each of the following age groups:
|5 - 10
|11 - 14
|15 - 17
|Amateur (without Professional Degree)
|18 and older
|College students and professional singers
|18 and older
Since the situation with COVID-19 Global Health Crisis is still uncertain, winners will be offered to perform at the Weill Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall in Fall of 2024 and Spring of 2025 on the dates to be announced, or to receive a Winner’s Package by mail.
$300 Scholarship, Judges’ Favorite Award Trophy, Judges’ Distinction Award Trophy and other Special Awards may be granted based on the judges’ recommendations.
How to Apply
To apply for the Competition participants must submit:
– Completed online Application Form.
– YouTube (or other video sharing sites) link to the video recordings of the performance.
– Biography of the applicant in MS Word format (not to exceed 150 words). Include past participation in competitions, festivals and other public events. – Portrait photo in electronic format, to be used for the Competition brochure printing. Examples could be found in the Recital Booklet Sample.
– Biography and photo could be submitted with the application form or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Application fee.
American Protégé, P.O. Box 287476, New York, NY 10128.
Application materials acceptance will be closed by the end of the day on June 10, 2024.
Application Fee for solo performers is $200.
Application fee for Duo and Trio is $150 per Ensemble Member.
Application Fees are not refundable.
U. S. participants should make a check or money order payable to American Protégé and mail to American Protégé, P.O. Box 287476, New York, NY 10128. A PayPal options could be used with an additional fee to cover PayPal service charge.
International participants may use:
– Certified bank check or international money order payable to American Protégé. International participants must use express shipping services and provide the tracking number.
– PayPal payment option (buttons to the right). Additional fee will be added to cover PayPal service charge.
By clicking on “Pay Now” button you will be re-directed to PayPal
1. Participant may choose one, two or three songs from the following repertoire categories:
- Opera aria
- Classical repertoire (Baroque, Classical, Romantic or Contemporary periods)
- Broadway/Musical Theatre/Jazz
2. Pop repertoire is not acceptable for the audition. Pop singers can apply for We Sing Pop International Song Contest.
3. For the School Students categories each song of the audition repertoire must be under 4 minutes in duration.
4. For the Amateur and College Students/Professionals categories each song of the audition repertoire must be under 5 minutes in duration.
5. Parts of the songs or shortened versions are not acceptable.
- Recordings should be a fair representation of the Contestant’s abilities, but need not be of a professional quality. Recording materials must be labeled.
- Contestants must perform from memory. No repeats.
- Judges comments will not be disclosed. Judges’ decisions are final and can’t be appealed.
- The final selection of winners will be based solely on the video recordings submitted.
- Music, songs or costumes that are not considered age appropriate or family friendly by the panel of judges will be disqualified.
- No changes of repertoire are allowed after the application is submitted.
- Certificates of Recognition will be granted to the performing winners only, after the Winners Recital. Winners who have chosen not to participate in the Winners Recital for any reason will be disqualified.
- Each participant will be notified about the Competition results after the Artistic Director releases the Competition placements. Winners list will be published on the American Protégé web-site on June 30, 2024.
- In addition to the Competition Rules, American Protégé General Policy provisions apply to all applicants and winners. Please read carefully American Protégé Policy before applying to the Competition.
Winners Recital Information
1. Each participant will be notified about the Competition results after the Artistic Director releases the Competition placements. Winners of the Competition will perform one piece selected by the judges from the participant’s audition repertoire.
2. To change a performance repertoire, the participant must submit a link to the new piece video recording and a $55 fee not later than two months before the Concert.
3. Only piano accompaniment can be used at the Winners Recital. Only one grand piano will be available at the Weill Recital Hall. No acoustic system will be provided.
4. Participants must bring their own piano accompanist. American Protégé does not provide piano accompanist, but can recommend one (contact the office).
5. Performance time limit for the School Students categories is under 4 minutes; for the Amateur category – under 5 minutes and for the College Students/Professionals category – under 5 minutes.
6. Extra performance time of up to 1 minute can be accepted for the Winners Recital with an additional fee of $100.
7. Photo or video recording during the recital is strictly prohibited per the Carnegie Hall policy. A professional photographer will be taking pictures of the performers.
8. Each Winner will perform at one Recital. Recital date and time will be offered to the Winner, based on the Competition results.
9. Organizational Committee collects short biographies to introduce the performers at the Winners Recitals. American Protégé reserves the rights to edit, reduce and re-format any submitted biographies as it seems appropriate and fit into the Recital Brochure.
10. All participants are responsible for their own expenses (travel, housing accommodations, etc.).
11. During the COVID-19 Health Crisis, U.S. participants, who are unable to or unwilling to travel to NYC for the safety reasons, may request a Competition Winner’s Package with a non-refundable $300 fee. The Package includes online recognition, Winner’s Certificate, Teacher’s Diploma, four Booklets with biographies and photos, and participation Plaque Trophy. International participants may arrange a shipment to the friends or relatives residing in the U.S. We do not mail packages internationally.
12. Detailed Winners Recital Guidelines will be emailed to the participants.