for American Protégé e-mails
to timely receive our news
and events updates
The American Protégé International Vocal Competition is designed for singers who would like to challenge themselves in a very competitive environment. The Competition is open to solo vocalists and vocal groups of all ages, nationalities and countries.
Participants are required to submit video recording materials for the audition.
A panel of qualified judges will evaluate audition materials. All judges are independent, their students are not allowed to apply this season.
We invite school students and adults to participate in the Competition. There is no age limit for the adult participants.
Multiple winners will be chosen in each of the following age groups:
|Young Singers||5 – 10|
|Junior||11 – 14|
|Intermediate||15 – 17|
|Amateur (without Professional Degree)||18 and older|
|College students and professional singers||18 and older|
Since the situation with COVID-19 Global Health Crisis is still uncertain, winners will be offered to perform at the Weill Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall on the dates to be announced, or to receive a Winner’s Package by mail.
$300 Scholarship, Judges’ Favorite Award Trophy, Judges’ Distinction Award Trophy and other Special Awards may be granted based on the judges’ recommendations.
To apply for the Competition participants must submit:
– Completed online Application Form.
– YouTube (or other video sharing sites) link to the video recordings of the performance.
– Biography of the applicant in MS Word format (not to exceed 150 words). Include past participation in competitions, festivals and other public events. – Portrait photo in electronic format, to be used for the Competition brochure printing. Examples could be found in the Recital Booklet Sample.
– Biography and photo could be submitted with the application form or via e-mail to email@example.com.
– Application fee.
Mail the Application Fee to: American Protégé, P.O. Box 287476, New York, NY 10128
For express shipping services: American Protege, Attn: Irina Ionova, 245 East 93rd Street, #22E, New York, NY 10128.
The application materials acceptance was closed on June 10, 2021. Audition is in progress.
Application Fee for solo performers is $200.
Application fee for Duo and Trio is $150 per Ensemble Member.
Application Fees are not refundable.
U. S. participants should make a check or money order payable to American Protégé and mail to American Protégé, P.O. Box 287476, New York, NY 10128. A PayPal option at the bottom of this page could be used with an additional fee added to cover PayPal service charge.
International participants may use:
– Certified bank check or international money order payable to American Protégé. International participants must use express shipping services and provide the tracking number.
To pay the Application Fees on-line please click on the button below. $15 will be added to the fee amount to cover PayPal service charge. By clicking on the button you will be re-directed to PayPal
Vocal Competition Application Fee
1. Participant may choose one, two or three songs from the following repertoire categories:
2. Pop repertoire is not acceptable for the audition. Pop singers can apply for We Sing Pop International Song Contest.
3. For the School Student Category each song of the audition repertoire must be under 5 minutes in duration.
4. For the Amateur and College Students/Professionals categories each song of the audition repertoire must be under 7 minutes in duration.
5. Parts of the songs or shortened versions are not acceptable.
1. Recordings should be a fair representation of the Contestant’s abilities, but need not be of a professional quality. Recording materials must be labeled.
2. Contestants must perform from memory. No repeats.
3. Judges comments will not be disclosed. Judges’ decisions are final and can’t be appealed.
4. The final selection of winners will be based solely on the video recordings submitted.
5. Music, songs or costumes that are not considered age appropriate or family friendly by the panel of judges will be disqualified.
6. No changes of repertoire are allowed after the application is submitted.
7. Competition results will be published on the American Protégé web-site on June 30, 2021.
1. Winners of the Competition will perform one piece selected by the judges from the participant’s audition repertoire.
2. To change a performance repertoire, the participant must submit a link to the new piece video recording and a $55 fee not later than two months before the Concert.
3. Only piano accompaniment can be used at the Winners Recital. No acoustic system will be provided.
4. Participants must bring their own piano accompanist. American Protégé does not provide piano accompanist, but can recommend one (contact the office).
5. Performance time limit for the School Students categories is under 5 minutes; for the Amateur category – under 6 minutes and for the College Students/Professionals category – under 7 minutes.
6. Extra performance time of up to 1 minute can be accepted for the Winners Recital with an additional fee of $100.
7. Photo or video recording during the recital is strictly prohibited per the Carnegie Hall policy. A professional photographer will be taking pictures of the performers.
8. Each Winner will perform at one Recital. Recital date and time will be offered to the Winner, based on the Competition results.
9. Organizational Committee collects short biographies to introduce the performers at the Winners Recitals. American Protégé reserves the rights to edit, reduce and re-format any submitted biographies as it seems appropriate and fit into the Recital Brochure.
10. All participants are responsible for their own expenses (travel, housing accommodations, etc.).
11. The total Recital and Photo Fee for Solo Participants is $400 and includes: online recognition, Recital booklets with all Recital performers’ biographies and photos (for the booklet sample please click here), Certificate, Teacher’s Diploma, two (2) guests’ tickets and 20-30 digital photos taken by professional photographer during participant’s performance on stage. Participants and piano accompanists do not need tickets to be admitted to the backstage.
12. For Ensemble Member, Recital Fee is $250 per member plus $100 Photo Fee per group. The Recital and Photo Fees include: online recognition, Recital booklets with all Recital performers’ biographies and photos (for the booklet sample please click here), Certificate, Teacher’s Diploma, two (2) guests’ tickets and 20-30 digital photos taken by professional photographer during ensemble’s performance on stage. Ensemble Members do not need tickets to be admitted to the backstage.
13. Recital and Photo Fees are not refundable.
14. During the COVID-19 pandemic, U.S. participants, who are unable to or unwilling to travel to NYC for the safety reasons, may request a Competition Winner’s Package with a non-refundable $300 fee. The Package includes online recognition, Winner’s Certificate, Teacher’s Diploma, four Booklets with biographies and photos, and participation Plaque Trophy. International participants may arrange a shipment to the friends or relatives residing in the U.S. We do not mail packages internationally.
15. Detailed Winners Recital Guidelines will be emailed to the participants.
Deadline: October 10, 2021
Deadline: October 25, 2021
Deadline: November 2, 2021
Deadline: November 15, 2021
Deadline: January 20, 2022
Deadline: February 20, 2022
Summer Gala Concert at Stern
May 14, 2022 at 2:00 PM
June 12, 2022 at 2:00 PM
June 26, 2022 at 8:00 PM
Tickets are available at