for American Protégé e-mails
to timely receive our news
and events updates
International Music Talent Competition Spring 2018
The American Protégé International Music Talent Competition Spring 2018 is opened to all instrumentalists (piano, winds, strings, brass, traditional, etc.), vocalists and traditional folk and jazz groups of all nationalities and countries. Participants are required to submit video recording materials for the audition. American Protégé is looking for genuinely talented people, who have creativity and stage charisma.
We invite talented performers of any age and genre to participate in the Competition.
All applicants who are signed with the manager or producer must submit via email a General Representation and Release Form signed by the Manager/Producer to be eligible for the Competition.
Winners will perform at the Weill Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall in New York City on:
Monday, May 28, 2018 (Memorial Day)
Sunday, June 10, 2018
Saturday, June 30, 2018.
Star Performer Award, Judges’ Favorite Award Trophy, Judges’ Distinction Award Trophy and other Special Awards may be granted based on the judges recommendations.
Three qualified judges evaluate audition materials. All judges are independent, their students are not allowed to apply this season.
|How to Apply|
To apply for the Competition participants must submit:
Mail DVD and Application Fee to: American Protégé, P.O. Box 287476, New York, NY 10128
For express shipping services please use the following street address: American Protege, Attn: Irina Ionova, 245 East 93rd Street, #22E, New York, NY 10128.
The application packages acceptance will be closed on April 5, 2018 (all materials must be in the American Protege office).
Application Fee for solo performers is $200.
Application fee for Duo and Trio is $120 per Ensemble Member.
Application Fees are not refundable.
U. S. participants should make a check or money order payable to American Protégé and mail to American Protégé, P.O. Box 287476, New York, NY 10128.
International participants may use:
Music Talent Competition Rules
School Students 6 to 12 years old – 5 minutes;
School Students 13 to 18 years old – 6 minutes;
Amateur without professional degree – 6 minutes;
College students and Professionals – 7 minutes.
Winners who submitted a solo piece longer than time limit will be requested to provide another video within time limit. An additional charge of $50 must be paid for the second audition. A recital placement will be offered only after the second audition. Extra performance time up to 1 minute can be accepted for the Winners Recital with $100 additional fee.
|Winners Recital Information|
1. Each Winner will perform at one Recital. Recital date and time will be offered to the Winner based on the Competition results.
2. Only ONE piece from the audition repertoire within a time limit will be performed at the Winners Recital.
3. Extra performance time of up to 1 minute can be accepted for the Winners Recital with an additional fee of $100.
4. Only piano accompaniment can be used at the Winners Recital. No acoustic system will be provided.
5. Participants must bring their own piano accompanist. American Protege does not provide piano accompanist, but can recommend one after enrollment into the program.
6. Photo or video recording during the recital is strictly prohibited per the Carnegie Hall policy. A professional photographer will be taking pictures of the performers.
7. The total Recital and Photo Fee for Solo Participants is $400:
– $300 Recital Fee, includes admission for participant and piano accompanist (if needed), Recital booklets with all Recital performers’ biographies and photos (for the booklet sample please click here), Certificate, Teacher’s Diploma, four guests’ tickets.
– $100 Photo Fee, includes set of digital photos taken by professional photographer during participant’s performance on the stage. Average set is 20-30 digital photos.
8. Recital Fee for Ensemble Members is $230 per Member plus $100 Photo Fee per group. Recital Fee includes admission for Ensemble Member, Recital booklets with all Recital performers’ biographies and photos (for the booklet sample please click here), Certificate, Teacher’s Diploma, four guests’ tickets per Member.
9. Recital and Photo Fees are not refundable.
10. All participants are responsible for their own expenses (travel, housing accommodations, etc.).
11. Detailed Winners Recital Guidelines will be emailed to the participants.
To pay the Solo Application Fee on-line please click on the button below. A transaction fee of $15.00 will be added to the fee amount. By clicking on the button you will be re-directed to PayPal
Solo Application Fee
To pay the Ensemble Application Fees on-line please click on the button below. A transaction fee of $10.00 will be added to the fee amount. By clicking on the button you will be re-directed to PayPal Application Fee
Ensemble Member Application Fee
MUSIC TALENT COMPETITION
PAST SEASONS WINNERS:
|Fall 2017||Winners List|
|Spring 2017||Winners List|
|Fall 2016||Winners List|
|Spring 2016||Winners List|
|Fall 2015||Winners List|
|Spring 2015||Winners List|
|Fall 2014||Winners List|
|Spring 2014||Winners List|
|Fall 2013||Winners List|
|Spring 2013||Winners List|
|Fall 2012||Winners List|
|Spring 2012||Winners List|
|Fall 2011||Winners List|
|Spring 2011||Winners List|
Deadline: April 5, 2018
Deadline: June 10, 2018
Deadline: October 10, 2018
Deadline: December 10, 2018
|Summer Gala Concert|
Tickets are available at
American Protégé Organizational Committee reserves the rights to make any changes into the rules, dates, schedules and other information related to the Competitions or published on this site.
Complete policies, rules and disclaimers could be found on American Protégé Policy page