for American Protégé e-mails
to timely receive our news
and events updates
The American Protégé International Music Talent Competition is opened to all instrumentalists (piano, winds, strings, brass, traditional, etc.), vocalists and traditional folk and jazz groups of all nationalities and countries. Participants are required to submit video recording materials for the audition. American Protégé is looking for genuinely talented people, who have creativity and stage charisma.
We invite talented performers of any age and genre to participate in the Competition.
All applicants who are signed with the manager or producer must submit via email a General Representation and Release Form signed by the Manager/Producer to be eligible for the Competition.
Winners will perform at the Weill Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall in New York City on:
– Saturday, December 15, 2018,
– Sunday, December 16, 2018 and
– Sunday, December 23, 2018.
Star Performer Award, Judges’ Favorite Award Trophy, Judges’ Distinction Award Trophy and other Special Awards may be granted based on the judges recommendations.
Three qualified judges evaluate audition materials. All judges are independent, their students are not allowed to apply this season.
To apply for the Competition participants must submit:
1. Completed online Application Form.
2. YouTube (or other video sharing sites) link to the video recordings or a DVD of the performance (no need to mail a DVD if a YouTube link is provided in the Application Form).
3. Biography of the applicant in MS Word format (not to exceed 150 words). Include past participation in competitions, festivals and other public events. Portrait photo in electronic format, to be used for the Competition brochure printing. Examples could be found in the Recital Booklet Sample – click here.
4. Biography and photo should be e-mailed to email@example.com.
5. Application fee.
Mail DVD and Application Fee to: American Protégé, P.O. Box 287476, New York, NY 10128
For express shipping services please use the following street address: American Protege, Attn: Irina Ionova, 245 East 93rd Street, #22E, New York, NY 10128.
The application materials acceptance will be closed by the end of the day on November 1, 2018.
Application Fee for solo performers is $200.
Application fee for Duo and Trio is $120 per Ensemble Member.
Application Fees are not refundable.
U. S. participants should make a check or money order payable to American Protégé and mail to American Protégé, P.O. Box 287476, New York, NY 10128.
International participants may use:
1. Certified bank check or international money order payable to American Protégé. International participants must use express shipping services and provide the tracking number.
2. PayPal (See bottom of this page).
1. Applicants must submit one solo piece with the following time limit:
School Students 6 to 12 years old – 5 minutes;
School Students 13 to 18 years old – 6 minutes;
Amateur without professional degree – 6 minutes;
College students and Professionals – 7 minutes.
Winners who submitted a solo piece longer than time limit will be requested to provide another video within time limit. An additional charge of $50 must be paid for the second audition. A recital placement will be offered only after the second audition. Extra performance time up to 1 minute can be accepted for the Winners Recital with $100 additional fee.
2. Multiple winners will be chosen in each age category.
3. Repertoire requirements. Participants may choose one piece from the extended repertoire:
Classical repertoire (Baroque, Classical, Romantic or Contemporary periods). Any interpretations of the classical repertoire are acceptable.
Jazz (no drums)
Open (could contain two or more styles)
Participants’ own compositions
We encourage singers not to choose pop repertoire. Pop singers can apply for We Sing Pop International Song Contest.
4. Only un-edited video can be accepted for the audition (parts of video connected together or video clips are not acceptable). Recordings should be a fair representation of the Contestant’s abilities, but need not be of a professional quality. Applicant’s name and exact title of the audition piece must be included in the description of the video on YouTube (Vimeo, etc.).
5. Contestants must perform from memory. No repeats. Music for the ensembles does not have to be memorized.
6. The DVDs will not be returned.
7. Judges comments will not be disclosed. Judges’ decisions are final and can’t be appealed.
8. The final selection of winners will be based solely on the video recordings submitted.
9. Music, songs or costumes that are not considered age appropriate or family friendly by the panel of judges will be disqualified.
10. No changes of repertoire are allowed after the application is submitted.
11. Certificates of Recognition will be granted to the performing winners only, after the Winners Recital.
12. Competition results will be published on the American Protégé web-site on November 20, 2018.
13. In addition to the above rules of the Competition, American Protégé General Policy provisions apply to all applicants and winners. Please read carefully American Protégé Policy before applying to the Competition.
1. Each Winner will perform at one Recital. Recital date and time will be offered to the Winner based on the Competition results.
2. Only ONE piece from the audition repertoire within a time limit will be performed at the Winners Recital.
3. Extra performance time of up to 1 minute can be accepted for the Winners Recital with an additional fee of $100.
4. Only piano accompaniment can be used at the Winners Recital. No acoustic system will be provided.
5. Participants must bring their own piano accompanist. American Protege does not provide piano accompanist, but can recommend one after enrollment into the program.
6. Photo or video recording during the recital is strictly prohibited per the Carnegie Hall policy. A professional photographer will be taking pictures of the performers.
7. The total Recital and Photo Fee for Solo Participants is $400:
– $300 Recital Fee, includes admission for participant and piano accompanist (if needed), Recital booklets with all Recital performers’ biographies and photos (for the booklet sample please click here), Certificate, Teacher’s Diploma, four guests’ tickets.
– $100 Photo Fee, includes set of digital photos taken by professional photographer during participant’s performance on the stage. Average set is 20-30 digital photos.
8. Recital Fee for Ensemble Members is $230 per Member plus $100 Photo Fee per group. Recital Fee includes admission for Ensemble Member, Recital booklets with all Recital performers’ biographies and photos (for the booklet sample please click here), Certificate, Teacher’s Diploma, four guests’ tickets per Member.
9. Recital and Photo Fees are not refundable.
10. All participants are responsible for their own expenses (travel, housing accommodations, etc.).
11. Detailed Winners Recital Guidelines will be emailed to the participants.
To pay the Solo Application Fee on-line please click on the button below. A transaction fee of $15.00 will be added to the fee amount. By clicking on the button you will be re-directed to PayPal
To pay the Ensemble Application Fees on-line please click on the button below. A transaction fee of $10.00 will be added to the fee amount. By clicking on the button you will be re-directed to PayPal Application Fee
Spring 2018 Winners List
Fall 2017 Winners List
Spring 2017 Winners List
Fall 2016 Winners List
Spring 2016 Winners List
Fall 2015 Winners List
Spring 2015 Winners List
Fall 2014 Winners List
Spring 2014 Winners List
Fall 2013 Winners List
Spring 2013 Winners List
Fall 2012 Winners List
Spring 2012 Winners List
Fall 2011 Winners List
Spring 2011 Winners List
Deadline: October 10, 2018
Deadline: October 25, 2018
Deadline: November 1, 2018
Deadline: November 15, 2018
Deadline: December 5, 2018
Deadline: January 20, 2019
Deadline: February 20, 2019
Tickets are available at