Showcase at Stern Competition 2017
For all instrumentalists, singers, and ensembles alike, American Protégé is offering an unprecedented opportunity to escalate the scope of their talents to new heights.
After the success of American Protégé Gala Concert at Stern Auditorium at Carnegie Hall and American Protégé 10-year Anniversary Showcase at Stern Competition we decided to continue a Showcase at Stern Competition every year. The Competition is open to school students and adults of all nationalities and countries. All instruments, including piano, strings, voice and winds are welcome to participate in the Competition.
Up to twenty five Winners of the American Protégé Showcase at Stern Competition will be offered to perform at the world’s most illustrious music venue: the 2,800-seat Isaac Stern Auditorium at Carnegie Hall.
|Videos from the American Protege Gala Concert at Stern Auditorium / Perelman Stage in June 2016|
American Protégé Showcase at Stern Competition Winners Concert will be held at Stern Auditorium / Perelman Stage at Carnegie Hall in June of 2018.
Showcase at Stern Competition 2017 is open to all school students and adults of all ages and all nationalities and countries. All instruments, including piano, strings, voice and winds are welcome to participate in the Showcase. Participants are required to submit video recording materials for the audition to enter into the Competition.
Separate audition will be held for participants who have sponsors capable to contribute $2,500 as a Concert Fee (includes admission for participant, 20 guest tickets, stage performance and rehearsal, use of the house sound system, performance and rehearsal photos, Carnegie Hall Playbill printing, Playbill photo and bio editing). Limited number of placements is available. The application form must be submitted before November 15, 2017. Audition results will be emailed to the applicants by November 20, 2017. Selected participants must submit the Concert fee by December 1, 2017 to be enrolled into the program. For further details, please contact American Protégé office at email@example.com.
Four qualified judges will evaluate audition materials. All judges are independent; their students are not allowed to apply for the Showcase Competition 2017.
|How to Apply|
To apply for the Showcase Audition participants must submit:
– A completed online Application Form.
– YouTube (or other video sharing sites) link to the video recordings or a DVD of their performance (no need to mail a DVD if a YouTube link is provided in the Application Form). Video must be “Open to Public”.
– Audition Fee is $200 per applicant. Audition Fee is not refundable.
– US participants must make a check or money order payable to American Protégé and mail it to American Protégé, P.O. Box 287476, New York, NY 10128. A PayPal options below could also be used with an additional service fee charged by PayPal.
– International participants may use:
Mail DVD and Application Fee to: American Protégé, P.O. Box 287476, New York, NY 10128
For express shipping services please use the following street address: American Protege, Attn: Irina Ionova, 245 East 93rd Street, #22E, New York, NY 10128.
Application materials acceptance for the Showcase at Stern will be closed by the end of the business day on December 1, 2017. Participants who have sponsors must submit the Application before November 15, 2017.
Performance time limit:
for ages 12 and under – 4 (four) minutes
for ages 13 and older – 5 (five) minutes.
Recordings should be a fair representation of the Contestant’s abilities, but need not be of a professional quality. Recording materials must be labeled.
Contestants must perform from memory. No repeats.
The final selection of performers will be based solely on the video recordings submitted.
Audition piece could not exceed performance time limit (4 minutes for participants age 12 and under and 5 minutes for participants age 13 and older)
Please read the American Protégé Policy carefully before applying for the Audition.
Winners will be notified via email before February 1, 2018.
1. Only up to 25 (twenty-five) applicants will be selected to perform at Stern Auditorium at Carnegie Hall. All other applicants will receive Diploma of Audition Participation via e-mail.
2. All participants are responsible for their own expenses (travel, housing accommodations, etc.).
3. Each Winner will perform one piece at the Concert. A set of different works is not acceptable.
4. Concert Fee is $850 per participant and includes
5. The Concert Fee is not refundable.
6. Tickets for guests and family members are not included into the Concert Fee.
7. Extra performance time up to 1 (one) minute can be accepted for an additional fee of $800.
8. A house sound system and microphone will be provided at the concert.
9. Tickets will be available at the Carnegie Hall website www.carnegiehall.org two months prior to the event.
10. Detailed Concert information will be provided to the participants via email.
Deadline: April 5, 2018
Deadline: June 10, 2018
Deadline: October 10, 2018
Deadline: December 10, 2018
|Summer Gala Concert|
Tickets are available at
American Protégé Organizational Committee reserves the rights to make any changes into the rules, dates, schedules and other information related to the Competitions or published on this site.
Complete policies, rules and disclaimers could be found on American Protégé Policy page