<?php echo do_shortcode(''); ?>
Summer Gala Concert at Stern Auditorium / Perelman Stage
Sunday, June 14, 2020 at 2:00 PM
For all instrumentalists, singers, chamber ensembles and small orchestras alike, American Protégé is offering an unprecedented opportunity to escalate the scope of their talents to new heights.
Selected participants will be offered to perform at the world’s most illustrious music venue: the 2,800-seat Isaac Stern Auditorium / Perelman Stage at Carnegie Hall.
Summer Gala Concert will be held on Sunday, June 14, 2020 at 2:00 PM
Audition for the Summer Gala Concert at Stern Auditorium is open to all school students and adult solo performers, ensembles and small orchestras of all ages and all nationalities and countries. All instruments, including piano, strings, voice and winds are welcome to participate in the Audition. Participants are required to submit video recording as a part of their application materials to enter into the Audition.
A panel of qualified judges will evaluate audition materials. All judges are independent; their students or associates are not allowed to apply for the audition for the Gala Concert at Stern.
American Protégé will hold two separate auditions:
– for solo participants with financial sponsors;
– for solo participants applying on a regular basis.
How to Apply for the Audition
Information for Applicants with Financial Sponsorship:
Placements are available for participants with financial sponsors capable to contribute $2,500 as a Concert Fee (includes venue, admission for participant and piano accompanist, if needed, up to 15 will-call guest tickets, stage performance and rehearsal, use of the house sound system, performance photos, Playbill photo and bio editing, Carnegie Hall Playbill printing, Performance Certificate and Teacher’s Diploma).
The Application Form, video recording link (YouTube, Google Drive or other video sharing sites) and the audition fee for participants with sponsorship must be submitted before November 15, 2019. Audition results will be emailed to the applicants by November 20, 2019. Selected participants must submit the Concert fee by December 15, 2019 to be enrolled into the program. For further details, please contact American Protégé office at email@example.com.
Information for Applicants on a Regular Basis:
To apply for the Audition, Solo Participants on a Regular Basis must submit:
– A completed online Application Form.
– YouTube (Vimeo, Google Drive or other video sharing sites) link to the video recordings of their performance. Video must be “Open to Public”.
– Audition Fee
– Audition Fee is $200 for solo applicants
– Audition fee for the ensembles with up to 10 members is $120 per member. An Application Fee for the whole Ensemble should be made in one check.
– Audition Fee is not refundable.
– US participants must make a check or money order payable to American Protégé and mail it via registered mail to American Protégé, P.O. Box 287476, New York, NY 10128. Solo participants may also use a PayPal option below with an additional service fee charged by PayPal.
– International participants may use:
1. Certified bank check or international money order payable to American Protégé. International participants must use express shipping services and provide the tracking number.
2. PayPal option (A transaction fee will be added to the payment amount to cover PayPal service charge). To pay the Application Fees online please click on the “Pay Now” button below. By clicking on the button, you will be re-directed to PayPal.
Mail the Application Fee to: American Protégé, P.O. Box 287476, New York, NY 10128
For express shipping services please use the following street address:
American Protégé, Attn: Irina Ionova, 245 East 93rd Street, #22E, New York, NY 10128.
Application materials acceptance for the Summer Gala Concerts Audition will be closed on November 15, 2019.
Performance time limit for Solo Performers and Duos:
for ages 5 to 12 is under 4 (four) minutes
for ages 13 and older – under 5 (five) minutes.
Performance time limit for Trios is under 6 minutes.
Performance time limit for Quartets and Quintets is under 7 minutes.
Performance time limit for Sextets and larger groups is under 8 minutes.
– Only unedited video can be accepted for the audition (parts of video connected together, or video clips are not acceptable).
– Pianists must perform original works only. No repeats.
– Due to time restrictions, shortened versions of the piece are acceptable for sting and winds performers.
– Applicant may choose one piece from the standard repertoire (Baroque, Classical, Romantic or Contemporary periods), or Folk/Traditional and Broadway/Jazz.
– Singers can choose a piano or playback audio accompaniment
Recordings should be a fair representation of the Contestants’ abilities, but need not be of a professional quality. Recording materials must be labeled.
The final selection of performers will be based solely on the video recordings submitted. Judges’ comments won’t be disclosed.
Audition piece could not exceed performance time limit (see the time limits above)
Please read the American Protégé Policy carefully before applying for the Audition.
Selected participants will be notified via email before March 1, 2020.
1. Only selected participants will perform at Stern Auditorium / Perelman Stage at Carnegie Hall. Other applicants will be offered to perform at the Weill Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall in Spring of 2020.
2. Each Winner will perform one piece at the Concert. A set of different works is not acceptable.
3. Performance repertoire changes will not be accepted.
4. Concert Fee is $950 per Participant.
The Concert Fee for the whole Ensemble should be made in one check.
5. The Concert Fee for your performance at Carnegie Hall includes: venue, labor and personnel at the hall, insurance, security, ushers, stage crews, Sound system and microphones, official “Playbill” preparation and printing, posters; schedules; protocol; backstage management, on-site personal management of all concerts-related activities, 20 archival photos of the stage performance, Performers Certificates and Teachers’ Diplomas. American Protege provides information assistance with pre-concert preparation.
6. Piano Accompanist’s service is not included into the Performer’s Concert Fee. Official piano accompanist for Summer Gala Concert is Mrs. Kyoung Im Kim https://kyoung.im/. Please contact her directly for any arrangements. Limited number of performers can be assisted.
7. Concert Fee for performer’s own Piano Accompanist is $250. No page turners are allowed at the Gala Concert.
8. Concert Fee for Non-Performing Affiliates (Teachers, family members, friends or colleagues) is $500 per person. The Non-Performer Fee covers: 1) Attendance of the closed Dress Rehearsal; 2) backstage access to the Gala Concert; 3) One concert ticket ($100 value – Parquet/Main level).
9. Rehearsal information will be provided in March of 2020.
10. Concert Fee is not refundable for any reason, including family or health problem.
11. Tickets for guests and family members are not included into the Performer’s Concert Fee.
12. Extra performance time up to 1 (one) minute can be accepted for an additional fee of $800.
13. Taking of photos and video recording is strictly prohibited at Carnegie Hall and backstage at all the times. Unauthorized photographs, video, or other recordings may be deleted at Carnegie Hall Management’s discretion.
14. Video Recording. Archival video recording (DVD) of the performance may be ordered for $4990 for a one-camera, one microphone recording. This is not a part of the Concert Fee. A waiver must be signed by adult performer (or guardian), or ensemble representative with the Carnegie Hall Corporation. The cost must be paid no later than two months prior to the Concert Date. Archival video recording is not of web-casting or commercial quality and is prohibited from being broadcast and/or duplicated.
15. All participants are responsible for their own expenses (travel, housing accommodations, etc.).
16. Tickets will be available at the Carnegie Hall website two months prior to the event.
17. Detailed Concert information will be provided to the participants via email.